I have over a decade’s experience staffing, reporting, or presenting at conventions. This page only lists the cons I’ve attended for professional work.
1. I worked for Mongoose Publishing as a professional GM for their tabletop RPG Traveller from 2010-2012. This involved attending Strategicon every year and hosting self-made sessions for convention attendees.
2. I was part of a team representing the MMORPG Legends of Equestria from 2013-2015, attending conventions such as BronyCon, Everfree Northwest, and Babscon. I usually worked behind the scenes with the programming team, such as testing on-site presentation builds or operating the gameplay the presenters were showing on the big screen.
3. I attended DreamHack 2016 on behalf of The Daily SPUF and reported on the esports events happening there.
4. I attended IEM Oakland 2017 on behalf of The Daily SPUF and reported on the professional CS:GO and PUBG matches that were happening there.
5. I attended GDC 2018 on behalf of The Daily SPUF, and GDC 2019 on behalf of VGFAQ. In both cases I reported on gaming news and interviewed game developers to create articles and videos.
6. I represented the competitive arena shooter Major League Magic at The Mix 2018 and Sammy’s Showcase 2018 by dressing up as a wizard and encouraging people to visit our booth.
7. I attended E3 2019 on behalf of VGFAQ and Daily Esports, where I reported on gaming news and interviewed game developers to create articles and videos.
8. I attended HPX Live 2020 as a staff member for HPX Growth and Brendon Burchard. I helped setup the convention, manned doors and performed various duties during the presentations, and helped pack things up afterwards. Also, as a junior editor on the video team, I helped archive and convert the film team’s footage into quick promotional videos with as little turnaround time as possible.
9. I staffed CHPC 2020, Brendon Burchard’s first-ever virtual convention. I served as an advisor due to my background in livestreaming. During the event I was on standby as a Zoom co-host, and also chronicled lesson timestamps for the video team.